Fri, 15 May|
ETH Department of Computer Science
Turn Food into Code
Kasia will give a talk as a part of the Scientific Excellence & Well-Being initiative by VMI - the association of scientific staff of the Department of Computer Science @ ETHZ.
Time & Location
15 May 2020, 16:15
ETH Department of Computer Science, Universitätstrasse 6, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
About the event
We are experiencing a cultural shift with an emphasis on wellbeing. Combining personal and professional fulfilment becomes an increasing priority for people everywhere. Food is at the absolute root of our prosperity. We will combine the power of science with the power of the inner wisdom – nutrition with mindfulness. We touch on the following topics:
- Why do we eat?
- Why our body needs food?
- What is the role of food in our emotional life?
- How is food a medium for a social life?
- Beyond – spiritual aspects of eating and food?
- What do we eat?
- Well-nourished plate – What molecules we need for a healthy body?
- Vegetarian, flexitarian, whatever-arian – What’s the deal about animal and plant-based diet?
- Running on stimulants – Why is the western world so crazy about coffee and energy drinks? What does caffeine do to us?
- More than me – What is the gut microbiome and why it’s important?
- How do we eat?
- What is mindful eating and why how is more important than what?
- Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
- To snack or not to snack?
- Food for mood - Why am I tired after a meal? How to optimise your wellbeing with food?
For more details follow the link: http://www.vmi.ethz.ch/news/event/sewb/2020/02/24/turn-food-into-code/